HARRY STYLES: SELF-TITLED DEBUT


Is Harry Styles solo album really worth the wait! YAAS! it's a Freakin Yes.
Talk about me, I've been waiting for so long, even before the date when he first released the sneak peak of his single Sign of the Times on Television. Trust me, those who can relate to it know that the video was a f***in tease, every one wanted more than what the team broadcasted. :')
Since then, the good looking English cupcake has been on news regarding his first solo album that released everywhere today at Midnight. I stayed up for this and it was worth it. Everyone kind of already knew that he's going to top the charts this year when he released SOTT on Youtube which broke Adele's record of reaching Number #1 on US iTunes.
Styles smashed Adele's record by achieving top spot in just 19 minutes. Now that's what breaking records on your Day 1 of being a Solo artist means. Harry surely knows he has a pretty big loyal fan base and making them happy was what he thought when he decided to perform SOTT and another track from the album Ever Since New York on SNL Live. I broke the replay button by watching the trailer for his performance on Saturday Night Live where Harry and Jimmy were trying to outshine each other...How CheekyπŸ‘… 
Do I need to say he looked amazing, of course he did, he wore Gucci. Later on he just went on surprising fans like when he announced a world tour in support of his album, when he released the video for SOTT, when he performed Carolina which was another new song for fans from his album on TODAY Show and the biggest of them all, when he performed Stockholm Syndrome from One Direction's fourth album 'four' being the first band member to sing a 1D song being on a hiatus.
 So much of guesswork has been put together by me on how the album's going to sound like and now when it's already out I too would be in the line of people referring to his music reminding them of classic rock by Elton John, Rolling Stones, David Bowie or Prince. I want to say the album is so pure and honest. I like how The Guardian reviewed his album saying "the lyrics are much more grownup than dancing to the best song ever". The 23 year old is remarkably good as a singer/songwriter and there are influences from funk to folk when you listen to the songs.
He said: "I didn't want to write 'stories'. I wanted to write my stories, things that happened to me.
"The number-one thing was I wanted to be honest. I hadn't done that before. I think if you put out something that you don’t stand behind and really love, then if it doesn’t go well then you could regret not doing what you wanted to do."
So, today I'm going to list some of my favourite lyrics from each of the songs from his album HARRY STYLES. ☺
  • MEET ME IN THE HALLWAY: I walked on the streets all day, running with the fears cause you left me in the hallway, give me some more, just take the pain away. Whosoever the song is meant for, You're not a human being to me. 
  • SIGN OF THE TIMES: Just stop your crying have the time of your life, breaking through the atmosphere, things are pretty good from here. Sure Harry things are pretty good now. Thanks :')
  • CAROLINA: La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La, La. 
  • TWO GHOSTSTongue-tied like we've never known, telling stories we already told cause we don't say what we really mean. Am I the only one who doesn't think of Taylor Swift but water drop trickling down from harry's bare back.
  • SWEET CREATURE: Sweet Creature, wherever I go, you bring me home, Sweet Creature, when I run out of rope, you bring me home. Old Soul :') Love it
  • ONLY ANGEL: Couldn't take home to mother in a skirt that short, but I think that's what I like about it, she's an angel My only angel. SOTT feels at the beginning. Anyone?
  • KIWI: such a pretty face on a pretty neck, driving me crazy but I'm into it, I'm kind of into it, it's getting crazy I think I'm losing it, I think she said i'm having your baby, it's none of your business. Referring to the fanfictions!?
  • EVER SINCE NEWYORK: I've been praying never did before understand I'm talking to the walls And I've been praying ever since new york. I love the SNL version more, the song is Gold.
  • WOMAN: I hope you can see the shape I'm in while he's touching your skin, he's right where I should be but you're making me bleed. I die every time he sings La La La La La.
  • FROM DINING TABLE: so f***in hard to decide. πŸ’˜
Look the next time you're on Tour we want you in India.
#ComehereCurly. πŸ˜™

Comments