LAKE TAHOE - THE SCENIC BEAUTY

My trip to California this year was short but I looked at it in a certain point of view, unlike last year, where my only motive was to bump into someone from One Direction or a Hollywood A-Lister. Guess that's how it is, when you visit a place which is recognized worldwide for its clear cut cinema and music for the first time. One really needs a jet lag refresher once they have traveled for 20 hours  which is quite tiresome because you get to sit in the same posture for so long and in the name of easing up and relaxing your muscles you just get to visit toilet, come back to your seat and vice versa.
The next day after I landed in San Jose we had a short weekend trip planned for Lake Tahoe which was breathtaking. The sky was of the purest form of the colour blue, crystal clear water, warmth of the sand by the sea, huge pine trees, chilly air, family fun, amazing home cooked food, my morning breakfast of Cheetos and Doritos in a bread with cheese and mustard sauce, the feeling of staying away from the city chaos, the scenic beauty of the lake, the sheen caused by the morning dew on the wooden deck, a few Instagram shares and Snapchat stories was all it took for me to get over with the feels of jet lag. It was my visit to Lake Tahoe that made me realize why some people are so keen on spending their lives after retirement or a long weekend holiday at a place which is surrounded by green lungs, good water and less noise pollution. You can say the place is such a scenic beauty that it had me in tears because I had no clue what I'd be missing had I not been here. I always considered the city life to be the best life, one can live amongst the chaos not realizing that it is us being chained to the rhythm of the daily corporate life, cursing the traffic blah blah. But I was wrong.
Lake Tahoe is such a wonder, so magical. You can go kayaking, motor boating, hiking, rock climbing, snow skating or just sit there and admire the nature being at its best. Since I visited the place towards October end so it was really chilly. It's a 4.5 hour drive from Fremont(where I stayed) and I could see the drastic change in the weather as soon as we reached Tahoe because the car windows had started to fog up and the windows were as cold as ice. We rented a house for two days from Air bnb and it was so much better than renting a 3 or 5 star hotel because of the facilities. The supermarket was only a few miles away from our house, had a well established kitchen, four rooms, 2 halls with a fireplace and a garage that reminded me of the secret basements in horror movies. Literally, they had us everything from the entertainment games to some of the best Hollywood classics.






Someone told us the sunset and sunrise is a view to die for at Tahoe. So the plans for going for it the next morning was all set except we woke a bit late but took a casual walk on the streets and realized it was -3 degrees outside. Even though I hail from Jammu&Kashmir(Northern India), I have to admit that I never really had the nerves to wake up at 6:30 in the morning during winters and go out and admire the freezing air. Because honestly, who does that 😐 
But I did it in Tahoe and don't regret it a bit. The only thing that's going to happen to you when you take a stroll in -3 degrees is you wont feel your hands, especially when you have to record every walk you take because it's no less than an achievement for you. WOOHOOOO
I would have uploaded the house tour but because my phone decided to crash all of a sudden, so it is not in my hands now. Even though I've compiled a few videos, I hope it does justice.



Other few attractions in South Lake Tahoe include Lake Side Marina and Emerald Bay State Park.

LAKE SIDE MARINA 
There is a plenty of parking if you want to drive to this place. The beach looks so pretty with a breathtaking view of the lake and warm sand. When I visited the beach, there were a few families, smaller group of friends chilling out and the contrast of blue, light brown and green was perfect and added up to the beauty of the place. You can rent kayaks, jet skis and more if you want to have a nice water sport experience. The best thing is, dogs are allowed. Overall it's a nice place to relax, take a dip in the lake and soak up the sun. Would definitely recommend this beach for families.



EMERALD BAY STATE PARK
Okay, so this is one of those places where you feel that you have somehow managed to enter inside a beautiful landscape picture. This place could be a photographer's dream. Everywhere you go, the view is unbelievable. This little slice of heaven was at the front of God's natural beauty line indeed. Any superlative would come up short of describing what this site is really like. The drive to this place is not for the faint hearted as the roads are so high. We had a spectacular view from the vista point as well but it would be better if you park the road on the side of the road, jump over the barrier on the other side of the road and it's stunning. But be careful whilst crossing the road as it's so busy. The only trouble was with finding a perfect place for parking. There was a little snow on the sides of the road and we had the time of our  lives while making snowballs and throwing straight across our family's back.












Comments