HEART OUT: HONEST REVIEWS

Just when I was soaking in the warmth from the Sun this fine Sunday morning, I was constantly distracted by the thoughts that were mulling over in my head and needed their own freedom desperately. 
I don't really get time these days to contribute for my blog spot and even when I do, I still somehow don't attain that mental peace that is required to write your heart out. And now when I have finally found the perfect time I am going to discuss something that took the nation by storm in the past week, and it's my perspective on Padmavat.
 
Let me just clarify a fact here that I'm not writing about the dirty political propaganda's behind it or any religion in particular. In fact, I feel lucky that I got to understand a few things that helped me relate to the movie in a better way.  
You see, there are very few things in this world that actually surprise or inspire me to do good in life. Maybe that is why I am constantly looking for inspiration in almost everything around me or maybe, that's why I hate cliches and don't want to settle for anything less in my life. 
Oh! how I wish we all could think like creative, passionate and authentic writers or artists. I have a massive regard for such people in my life, although I barely know a few of them, but where ever these people are I just want to say a major thank you to all of you for contributing towards the society in your own small attempts. 
Something about these people is so pure that all they can think of is spreading love and positivity by their work, because that's all they know. But the bitter truth is we don't look at things in a non-critical way. I mean, for once can we be all neutral and see things without any preconceived notions and not be a critic all the time!
My problem with the homo sapiens is that we don't respect each other, each other's work, the choices we make as humans and more importantly lack of conviction in anything we do. 
I wonder why some goons are so quiet after the release of Padmavat! Where did all the drama disappear now? Why not pelting stones on innocents driving to work? Why not burn the local transportation and some were just so moved that all they could think of was burning themselves. Seriously! I was taken aback when such things were making headlines on National TV channels. Really! all this for a film which was nothing but a sheer work of art. Now, let me state a few things what such people did not see coming and what made them quiet now.

  • I don't really remember the last time I was so engrossed in a Bollywood movie that it almost held me hostage but, in a good way. If I make sense at all! From the captivating beauty of the star cast to the charm with which they did justice to their roles was remarkably good. It all started from the song Ghoomar and how I never wanted it to end! I don't really know if ever there was a person name Padmavat or not, but she can truly be an epitome of an ancient day strong woman who constantly reminds us that woman can do things that are only thought can be done by men. She is the kind of person who lays a strong message in the society that women are more than just a pretty face. She tells you to be a person who is never scared of commitments in their life and to give your all for the people you truly love, without expecting anything in return. In short, selfless and unconditional love. 
  • I think India has finally got another epic romantic saga after Mughal-e-azam. How devoted a man is towards his lady and vice-versa is shown beautifully in the film. What is the value of sacrifice and respect in a relationship is shown wonderfully. How you can conquer evil, if the two of you are together and strongly committed to one another, is probably the best lesson that you can take home along with you other than the reminisces of the beauty of the dialogue deliveries and massive film sets. 
Now, I don't understand why some people had problems with the screening of this gem. I recently heard that the movie faired well economically and critically, both. See, that was bound to happen. You just can't slam shut doors on a creative wonder just like that. It somehow on it's own finds it's path of shining onto the world. And some sane and 'educated' people(in the literal sense) would agree with me. And I want all those people to come out and talk about if a piece of art can change perspectives and make the nation a beautiful place to live in, then let this be it. Don't we all talk about eradicating hatred from this universe and spread peace, well how would that be possible if you don't support true form of art. Because, just like me, there must be people who get encouragement and inspiration out of authentic things in life. 
I personally feel that this is a film India should be proud of!

Comments