THE SAN FRANCISCO BLOG

My 42nd blog post goes to the city where I lost my heart somewhere between biking the Golden Gate Bridge and admiring the entire city through Twin Peaks. What's not to like about this place? Dive into it's beauty once and I am sure you have lost your way out. The only regrets you will have are of leaving the city's unparalleled vibe behind. I guess that's the only drawback of living the life of a traveler. There is obviously some chill in the air because of it's close proximity to the Pacific Ocean but nothing compared to the steepness of 22nd and the Filbert Street and obviously to the high cost of living. :'(



From the beautiful vista points to the cultural diversity to the best food and to the amazing weather, the city gives you every reason to fall in love with. If you are travelling to SF I would suggest plan it in a way that you get to spend minimum 2 nights in the city because hello! nights are the most beautiful here. Staying for a day just isn't long enough. It's like every time you travel to this city you feel there is still so much more left to discover.
The vintage charm attached to the city has my heart. It's fun to walk the streets and the culinary scenes represent the ethnicity out there. Visit Pier 39, walk/bike the golden gate bridge, eat and drink at Fisherman's Wharf, have a great shopping experience at Union Square and souvenir shops at Pier, enjoy the ferry rides and the eateries in it, adore or ride the cable cars, satisfy your chocolate appetite at Ghirardelli Square, the Irish coffee..there are just endless tiny reasons out there that perfectly justifies as to why SF is one of America's most high spirited states to visit. I relate to the city on a whole new level because almost all my favorite movies like Going the Distance, Princess Diaries and Just like Heaven are all shot here. In fact I saw my first Gay Pride parade here itself and was so amused with the whole culture.
Somewhere in Union Square



At the Pier
Alcatraz Island




City view from Twin Peaks

Below are some of the photos from souvenir shops in Pier 39




Been there twice and will keep coming back. My heart truly resides in the City by the Bay. 💘



Comments