ICARUS FALLS: Sophomore year of Zayn

Christmas came early for Zquads, isn't it?

As much as I love swaying to the beautiful tunes of Zayn's 27 track sophomore album, I can't help but thank his sultry voice and even more intimate lyrics for the space it lets me in. It's like it paves a whole new path for me to escape from the fact that life without his music is just hollow. 
Earlier stated to be released in September 2017, Icarus Falls is Zayn's second masterpiece after his debut soulful album Mind of Mine. It took me good three days to finish the album and sort of sync in each and every lyric and the melodies. Its like one complete package composed perfectly for every mood of yours.
From stadium bops to the tunes that work their magic in the bedroom, the album lets you one step closer to the artist's mind, his style of writing and perfectly crafted emotions put together into one divine record. I have to say the album is his most daring project since Mind of Mine and is as honest as it can be. I can go on and on about how its the most loved and frequently played album on my list right now but let me just me just keep it to myself. Oh the album low-key gives me happy tears!
Need I say more?
Allow me to break down my most favourite lyrics from the album and if you too love Zayn, the way I do, we have to meet.......

1. LET ME:
"sweet baby our sex has meaning"








oh! you just had me there!

2. NATURAL:
"like a hurricane (it's our love)
  when we come together"








reminds me of a Mariah Carey song!

3. BACK TO LIFE: 
" and if I lose the fight
 I know she'll bring me back to life"













don't know who the song really talks about but you deserve it!

4. COMMON:
"as I lay here in your bed
 I need you on my chest
 to warm me all the time
 to take away your breath
 Sweatin' on your lips
 there ain't nothing common 'bout us
 ....
 in this ordinary world
 where nothin' is enough
 everything is grey
 miskate your love for lust
 when I hold you in my arms 
 there ain't nothing' common 'bout us"








Coz common ain't enough babe !

5. IMPRINT: 
"cause this love ain't got no cost
 No excuses I'll be cursed for you
 it's just something I say to you" 








does anyone want Drake to come up with a cover of it?

6. STAND STILL:
"I would live a thousand lifetimes
 if it's you I'm sent to find"













puts you in a state of trans

7. TONIGHT:
"where you goin'? 
 you feel that space, it's mine
 said we're goin', in every space and time
....
 but love me tonight
 sweet girl of mine
 take all your time
 I know that you're mine
....
 so love me 
 like we don't have tomorrow
 like there's no time at all, love
 love me like tomorrow's
 never gonna come
....
 no matter where you are
 or where you'll be
 When you are feelin' yourself
 I know you're thinkin' of me"








Oh you got it right!

8. FLIGHT OF THE STARS:
"I been feeling high when I touch your body
That's how I feel the soul inside her body"









you are gonna love singing it along

9. IF I GOT YOU:
"I don't care
 whereever you been
 'cause now you with me
 floating through the night"









if only I got you babe

10. TALK TO ME:
"we ain't keeping no secrets
 start with our sheets between us tonight
....
 talk to me let's go deeper
 you already know I need ya
 we ain't keeping no secrets
 I wanna see you, leave on the lights"









Oh! Z

11. THERE YOU ARE:
"need you when I'm hot
 when I'm cold
....
 there you're with open arms
and I run"










Always there Z 

12. I DON'T MIND: 
"but you know I got your back, I'm on your side
 I don't mind
 you can tell me your lies, I don't mind
 you can tell me all night I'm with you 
 when you know I
 Know you're playing with my mind, I don't mind"













I don't mind that tune

13. ICARUS INTERLUDE:
"Call me Icarus
 I guess I flew too close to the Sun
 myth'll call me legend, that might be why
 in my Yves Saint Laurent
....
 I've been lying to the liars
 I've been lying
 I've been lying to the liars every night
 lying 'cause I'm flying"









i guess we all know the reference here

14. GOOD GUY:
"I've seen this scene before, real life
 the nature wrote the score, my lines
 look into your eyes" 











loved his version of bang-bang

15. YOU WISH YOU KNEW:
"don't wanna put my love in you
 don't wanna make a headline and lose
 don't wanna be the one that you choose
 'cause I'm the one you wish you knew"











well, don't

16. SOUR DIESEL:
"Lips on her face, back in the place
Legs in the air, all dirty again
Smokin' some more, I'm in her space
She touches me there, then I do it again"










them high notes in the song

17. SATISFACTION:
"as you try your best to pull away
 something surges, urges you to stay
 'cause I can't, you can't, we can't get no 
 Satisfaction"









we have found our satisfaction

18. SCRIPTED:
"hearts don't feel the same
 and the names we like to say
 change with time and age
 So I don't wanna say what's scripted
 whether you are or aren't with it"








such a soothing composition it is

19. ENTERTAINER:
"you thought you had me didn't you
 when you lied to my face, I could see the truth
 every step of the way I knew
 how you fooled me, boo
....
 guess you didn't know that
 you were my favourite entertainer
 I'd watch you, I'd laugh, I'd fuck with you
 don't you take me for a fool
 in this game I own the rules
....
thought that you were smarter, I'm ashamed for you
I knew it right away when you stopped lovin' me
it happened when your touch wasn't enough for me
....
I'm being straight up
I know fake love when I see it anyway"













who could resist this hit?

20. ALL THAT:
"was it first or the last time
 I don't care it feels right"









what a talent Malik

21. GOOD YEARS:
"I'd rather be anywhere but here
  I close my eyes and see a crowd of a thousand tears
 I pray to God I didn't waste all my good years
....
 need a chance just to breathe feel alive
 and when the day meets the night, show me the light
 feel the wind and the fire, hold the pain deep inside
 it's in my eyes"









lets say we had the best 5 years of our lives with him 

22. FRESH AIR:
"we're caught in a cycle, so pardon my psycho
 we could've been right, though, guess that's how life go
 there's nothing I can do for you"













well, at least you released the album 

23. RAINBERRY:
"dry your eyes
 'cause it won't work this time
 I already dried mine
 and I won't drown in yours
 go wash your hands
 but you can't change your past
 those stories ain't shit now
 you don't mean it, I'm sure"











okay, the song should be called Zaynberry officially

24. INSOMNIA:
"am I a fool
 when I feel you?
 what if you never come back?
 there's nothing new
 I made another hit, I made another tune
 what if we never know why hearts deceive us?
 the night calls to dreamers"













💗

25. NO CANDLE NO LIGHT:
"I woke up on the wrong side of ya
 You don’t even know that I left do ya
 Can’t handle my love
 Can’t handle your lies
 No friend zone to my love
 Quit burning all of my time"












tune of the year

26. FINGERS:
"'Cause I'm fucked and I want ya, I can't even text ya
  'Cause my fingers ain't working, but my heart is
  If you wanna let me know where you hiding"













typo said I Love ya

27. TOO MUCH: 
"I guess I want too much
 I guess I want love and lust
You just can't love enough
That's why I need a touch"











WE WANNA SEE YOU TOURING

lots of love 💖

Comments